Sunday, March 29, 2015

Tri-City Quilters - congrats on a GREAT show!

Wow!  What an amazing quilt show by the Tri-City Quilters in Kennewick this weekend!  Over 450 quilts on display and 1700+ attendees.  I talked to quilt-appreciators from Oregon, Idaho, Western Washington, and all over Eastern Washington (including an enthusiastic group from Yakima).  Thanks to the Tri-City Quilters for inviting the Threadmonger and asking me to award a "vendor's choice" ribbon.  So difficult!  How do you choose???

I selected this standout Christmas tree skirt by Jerrine Gjerdevig.  I only wish the photo did it justice.  It is covered with sparkles and has extensive use of THREAD and ACCURATE piecing.  Pattern by Judy Niemeyer.  I spoke to Jerrine and she has made two of these in different colorways; she and her daughter will swap them every so often to make sure both get used every holiday season. 

I love it when people make quilted family heirlooms that are not necessarily quilts.  This tree skirt will be a part of family Christmases for many years.

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment