Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Threadmongers' 15th Anniversary!

Today, July 1, is the 15th anniversary of Threadmongers! I started this micro-business in 2005 to give quilters an opportunity to use better quality threads in their quilts than they could usually find locally. 

My very first customer was Alene Kempton-Gragg and I remind her of this every year!

It has been so much fun to be a vendor at the regional quilt shows and to speak to quilt guilds and groups. I treasure all the friends I have made and the great fiber art I have seen. There have been changes and advances in the industry in the past 15 years. Quilting and quilters just get better and better! 

In a Washington Post article published today, they recognize the important role that sewing and mask-making has played during the pandemic.  It looks like we will have a new group if not a new generation of quilters from this experience!

Thanks to the creative community for including me and let's hope that 2021 is a return to our normal, frenetic, quilt show schedule!


No comments:

Post a Comment